Check out what's happening at the YC this April ...
Open at 1 p.m. during Spring Break (April 10 – April 17)
COOKING FOR FRIENDS - International
OPEN GYM BASKETBALL at the Community Center
- Saturday, April 1, 2:00 p.m. Cooking, 5:00 p.m. Tasting
- What dish sings of the spices of your culture? Prepare food with a nationality nuance and celebrate diversity with a delectable dish! Our kitchen is equipped with the tools for you to create your tasty dish. *Advanced registration required, along with recipe approval. Participants are responsible for bringing the ingredients for their dish. Call the YC at 914-736-0498 to register.
- Every Tuesday & Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Every Friday, 8:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Open to Croton, Hendrick Hudson and Lakeland Middle and High School Students or a middle/high school student who is a town resident. Youth must be registered as a participant of the Cortlandt Youth & Recreation Center in order to participate.
- The Muriel H. Morabito Community Center is located at 29 Westbrook Drive, Cortlandt Manor.
OPEN GYM BASKETBALL at Hen-Hud H.S.
- Every Monday, 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. (no program when school is closed)
- For Hendrick Hudson School District Residents Only. Youth must be registered as a participant of the Cortlandt Youth & Recreation Center in order to participate.
- The Hendrick Hudson High School is located at 2166 Albany Post Road, Montrose.
- Every Monday, 5:30 p.m.
- Come learn to cook and then eat a delicious macaroni dish! Each week we will teach you how to make a different dish. (This month: 4/3 Smoked Bacon Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese; 4/10, 4/17 & 4/24 Participants Choice - uur cubbards are still full of different macaroni, toppings and sauces! You choose which dish you'd like to recreate!)
- Pre-registration required by 3:00 p.m. each Monday. Call the YC at 914-736-0498.
- Fee: $4
CORE FOR MORE
- Every Wednesday & Friday 5:00 p.m.
- FREE Exercise course where youth will work on strenghthening their abs, back, quads, glutes and hamstrings as well as some cardio too!
- Friday, April 7 8:00 p.m.
- Join us for an evening of competition, fun and laughter as you await your number to be called so you can yell "BINGO!" Prizes will be awarded to the winners.
SPRING BREAK FUN...
Monday, 10th - MACARONI MONDAYS TOO! See above.
- Monday, April 10 4:00 p.m.
- Home-n-Hungry? Head on over to the YC to make a tasty snack!
DAZZLING DIVA SPA DAY
Wednesday, 12th - CORE FOR MORE! See above.
- Tuesday, April 11 4:00 p.m.
- No matter the season there is always a reason to enjoy an agternoon of self-pampering, glitz and glamour!
- Thursday, April 13 4:00 p.m.
- Gather your friends and head on over to the YC to learn how to make chalk!
Friday, 14th - CORE FOR MORE! See above.
- Friday, April 14
- 7:00 p.m. - Grades 6th – 8th
- 8:00 p.m. - Grades 9th – 12th
- Enjoy an evening of basketball challenges. Both a 3 Point Shoot Out and Fade Away Contest will be held. The evening will be broken up into two separate age groups with small prizes awarded in each category and each age group.
MORE APRIL PROGRAMS TO MARK ON YOUR CALENDARS...
- Friday, April 21, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
TRIPLE M: MOVIE MADNESS MARATHON – Sport Favorites
FRIDAY NIGHT MIC
- Saturday, April 22, 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- It’s cold out there and what’s better to do on a cold winter’s eve than watch a marathon of your favorite movies? Join us for an evening of movies, laughter and treats! Dinner and popcorn will be provided.
- Fee: $5
- Friday, April 28, 8:00 p.m.
- An Open Mic Night where you can healthfully express yourself. All forms of expression are allowed within respectful reason. Celebrate your talent and skills with you peers, NO JUDGEMENT, just RESPECT and LOVE! Whether you are a dancer, singer, poet, artist, musician or comedian, everyone gets a chance to be heard, seen or just BE themselves.
- Pre-registration required by 7:00 p.m.
CORTLANDT NINJA BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE
- Saturday, April 29 5:30 p.m.
- 10 Obstacles and challenges with endless fun! Prizes for fastest time.
SNEAK PEAK into May….
The YC will be CLOSED on Friday, May 5 for all 6th - 12th graders, due to the 5th Grade Welcome Aboard Luau. Click here if you have a 5th grader and would like more information on the Luau.
SWEET & SAVORY TREATS WORKSHOP
- Tuesdays, May 9, 16, 23, & 30 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Join Mrs. G in the kitchen to learn how to make some sweet and savory treats perfect for summer! Participants will be hands on in the kitchen, learning life skills, and will take home a recipe booklet to recreate these tasty treats all summer.
- Fee: $25 with ID / $30 without ID
- Course #: 622-1U - click here for a registration form