Check out what's happening at the YC this March ...
EARTH DAY POSTER CONTEST
- Youth in grades 3rd - 8th are invited to submit a poster they illustrated to raise awareness about what we as a community can do to help protect our earth!
- Posters are due by Friday, March 31
- Click here for contest rules
- FREE exercise class every Wednesday & Friday at 5 p.m.
OPEN GYM BASKETBALL at the Community Center
- Every Tuesday & Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Open Gym will be CLOSED on Wednesday, March 22 due to an event
- Open Gym will be OPEN on Monday, March 20 instead
- Every Friday, 8:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Open to Croton, Hendrick Hudson and Lakeland Middle and High School Students or a middle/high school student who is a town resident. Youth must be registered as a participant of the Cortlandt Youth & Recreation Center in order to participate.
- The Muriel H. Morabito Community Center is located at 29 Westbrook Drive, Cortlandt Manor.
OPEN GYM BASKETBALL at Hen-Hud H.S.
- Every Monday, 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. (no program when school is closed)
- For Hendrick Hudson School District Residents Only. Youth must be registered as a participant of the Cortlandt Youth & Recreation Center in order to participate.
- The Hendrick Hudson High School is located at 2166 Albany Post Road, Montrose.
- Every Monday, 5:30 p.m.
- Come learn to cook and then eat a delicious macaroni dish! Each week we will teach you how to make a different dish. (This month in order: Stuffed Shells, Mexican Mix-Up, Pasta Primavera in Alfredo Sauce and Tortellini!)
- Pre-registration required by 3:00 p.m. each Monday. Call the YC at 914-736-0498.
- Fee: $4
SEAPLANE 500 (Ages 11 - 18)
- Saturday, March 4, 3:00 p.m.
- This event is hosted the Cortlandt Community Rowing Association (CCRA) & Town of Cortlandt YC.
MRS. G’S CRAFT CORNER
- Mondays, March 6, 13, 20, 27 at 4:00 p.m.
- Every day is an opportunity to learn and grow! This series will touch upon everyday life skills and interactions. Topics to be covered include: Decision Making, studying & Test Skills, Respecting Oneself & Others and Leadership.
- Tuesdays, March 7, 14, 21, 28 from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Fee: $20 with ID / $25 without ID
- Join Mrs. G in the arts and crafts room for some fun and exciting projects! Pre-registration required; space is limited. Please use course # 622-1W. Click here to download the registration form.
- Friday, March 10, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 25, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
COOKING FOR FRIENDS - International
- Saturday, March 11, 2:00 p.m. Cooking, 5:00 p.m. Tasting
- What dish sings of the spices of your culture? Prepare food with a nationality nuance and celebrate diversity with a delectable dish! Our kitchen is equipped with the tools for you to create your tasty dish. *Advanced registration required, along with recipe approval one week in advance. Participants are responsible for bringing the ingredients for their dish. Call the YC at 914-736-0498 to register.
TRIPLE M: MOVIE MADNESS MARATHON – Animal Favorites
- Friday, March 17 at 8:00 p.m.
- It’s Saint Patrick’s Day and leprechauns have taken over the YC! Come celebrate and enjoy an evening of games and contests!
FRIDAY NIGHT MIC
- Saturday, March 18, 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- It’s cold out there and what’s better to do on a cold winter’s eve than watch a marathon of your favorite movies? Join us for an evening of movies, laughter and treats! Dinner and popcorn will be provided.
- Fee: $5
- Friday, March 24, 8:00 p.m.
- An Open Mic Night where you can healthfully express yourself. All forms of expression are allowed within respectful reason. Celebrate your talent and skills with you peers, NO JUDGEMENT, just RESPECT and LOVE! Whether you are a dancer, singer, poet, artist, musician or comedian, everyone gets a chance to be heard, seen or just BE themselves.
- Pre-registration required by 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 31 (& April 14 too)
- 7:00 p.m. - Grades 6th – 8th
- 8:00 p.m. - Grades 9th – 12th
- Enjoy an evening of basketball challenges. Both a 3 Point Shoot Out and Fade Away Contest will be held. The evening will be broken up into two separate age groups with small prizes awarded in each category and each age group.
SNEAK PEAK into April….
Open at 1 p.m. during Spring Break (April 10 – April 17)