Welcome to the Town of Cortlandt - Purchasing Department web site. Our site is designed to assist current and potential suppliers.
Director of Purchasing - Peter H. McMillan
Purchasing e-mail address - firstname.lastname@example.org 1 Heady Street Cortlandt Manor, New York 10567 (914) 734-1046
More recently, the Purchasing Department became responsible for the Cortlandt Heating Oil Plan (CHOP). More information is available by clicking CHOP or contacting David Doyle, email@example.com, at (914) 734-1037. Applications are available by clicking CHOP Application. For a list of participating companies click here.
Several years ago municipal agencies created the Hudson Valley Municipal Purchasing Group (HVMPG) that provides a Regional Bid Notification System. Vendors and Suppliers only have to register once to have access to bidding opportunities from all the members of the HVMPG. Suppliers and contractors are invited to visit the Bidder’s Registration section where they can register for the Town's and HVMPG’s Bidders List, view and download current Requests for Quotations, Invitations to Bid and Requests for Proposals.
For more information please click here or call BidNet at 800-677-1997.
· Solicit bids through competitive bidding and established prices
· Issue Purchase Orders
· Manage the sale of surplus equipment and supplies
· Streamline methods and procedures on an on-going basis
· Search for new markets and source of supply
· Oversees the coordination of Shipping and receiving for the Town which includes checks on deliveries
· Supervise the management of the Central Supplies Office
· Assist departments with establishing computerized inventory programs
· Coordinate appropriate Requests for Proposals and price quotations
· Maintain vendor files
· Maximize to the fullest extent possible the purchasing value of the Public Procurement
· Oversee all aspects established in the Towns Purchasing Manual
Please note that Bids for Public Works Projects may be administered by the Town of Cortlandt Department of Technical Services, Engineering Division, (914) 734-1060
The Town of Cortlandt Purchasing Office and Central Supplies is located on 1 Heady Street, Cortlandt Manor, New York, 10567. (Right next to Cortlandt Town Hall) Bids and Proposals can be obtained at that location in person during office hours or by calling (914) 734-1047.
The Purchasing Department is responsible for purchasing all commodities, as well as certain services for the Town. Additional responsibilities include management of the Central Supplies Office/Shipping and Receiving and supervision of the Town mailing system.