1 Heady Street
Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567
Phone (914) 734-1070
Fax (914) 734-1077
The Comptroller provides overall management supervision of the financial activities and Management Information services for Town offices upon direction of the Supervisor and Town Board. The Comptroller’s Office is responsible for meeting the many challenges of financial reporting, including the preparation of the comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR). The Town of Cortlandt has received a Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting, presented by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for the Fiscal Year Ended December 31, 2010, and each year prior as far back as the 1980’s. The Town of Cortlandt and the Comptroller’s Office are proud to have achieved the highest standards in governmental accounting and financial reporting.
- Maintains a system of accounts which is in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles
- Assists the Town Supervisor in preparing the Town’s annual operating budget
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, including analysis of operating revenues and expenditures.
- Processes vendor claims and purchase orders.
- Receives, records and deposits all Town receipts.
- Maintains Town payroll
- Manages Workers Compensation Program, administers the NYS Retirement System program along with the Human Resources Manager.
- Maintains and administers the Town's Central Data Processing Systems with the Director of Purchasing and Technology.
2015 Adopted budget
2014 Adopted Budget
2013 Adopted Budget
2013 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
2012 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
2011 Comprehensive Financial Final Report