Please select a year.
Supervisor's Report January Town Board Meeting
Release Date: January 15, 2016
Town Board Meeting of January 12, 2016
Comments by Supervisor Linda Puglisi
- Welcome to the Town Board meeting of 1/12/2016, the first meeting of the New Year.
- Please rise for the pledge to the flag.
- Happy New Year to our entire Cortlandt community. I wish you a very happy, safe and healthy New Year.
- We held our Swearing-In Ceremony this past Sunday (1/10/16). It was a wonderful and very moving event. We thank the Lakeland mixed choir from their two high schools, elected officials; including Congresswoman Nita Lowey for being present and my two grandsons led us in the pledge to the flag. You can watch it from your computers, where it’s streamed or on C. 78 our public access station. Congratulations to my colleagues who were sworn in along with me, Frank Farrell, Richard Becker, Dan McCarthy (Town Justice)!
- I attended many events over the past month including several holiday events i.e. the Cortlandt Manor Breakfast with Santa, our Youth Center Santa Claus event, our lighting of a tree and a menorah off Cortlandt Boulevard and all of our Senior holiday luncheons. They were all wonderful! I hope you all had a lovely holiday with family and friends, as I did.
- Our 2015 Achievements list is on our website and soon our 2016 Goals will be up, as well. We are working on many important projects for our community.
- As always, we have very low town taxes and passed our budget for 2016 in December which is under the New York State tax cap. Since we are under the cap our taxpayers will receive their New York State refund check, but it’s because the Town of Cortlandt is under the tax cap that the State will send it out.
- I am pleased to inform you that since we lobbied Acadia, the owners of “Cortlandt Crossing” and part owner of the Cortlandt Town Center they took down those old small buildings off Cortlandt Boulevard/Rte. 6. It is a big improvement.
- Our dedicated Meahagh Park is terrific and our lacrosse/all purpose field will be completed in late Spring at Sprout Brook Park.
- I would like to close my comments in thanking an important town-wide homeowners association Cortlandt Watch for all of their environmental and volunteer efforts for our community. They began in the 1980’s and recently dissolved the organization. Thank you!
Happy New Year!