Please select a year.
An Important Message from Con Edison
Con Edison is closely monitoring the extreme heat currently impacting our region as well as possible storms expected this evening.
Customers can report power interruptions or service problems, view service restoration information and our outage map on line at www.coned.com as well as on their mobile device or by calling 1-800-75-coned.
TEMPERATURE’S GOING UP,
BUT ENERGY BILLS CAN STAY DOWN
Con Edison Urges Customers to Use Energy Wisely, Save Money
NEW YORK – Con Edison reminds customers they can take simple steps to stay cool and save money as hot weather hits our area this week.
The company offers these conservation tips:
- Set your air conditioner to the highest comfortable temperature. Each degree you lower the thermostat drives up your bill by 6 percent;
- To reduce heat and moisture in your home, run appliances such as ovens, washing machines, dryers and dishwashers in the early morning or late at night when it’s cooler outside;
- When the AC is running, close doors to keep cool air in and hot air out;
- Even when using AC, use ceiling and other fans to provide additional cooling and better circulation;
- Keep shades, blinds and curtains closed. About 40 percent of unwanted heat comes through windows;
- Turn off AC units, lights and other appliances when not at home and use a timer or smart technology to turn on your AC about a half-hour before arriving home;
- Keep AC filters clean;
- If you run a business, keep your door closed while the AC is running. Don’t burn through your profits to cool the street;
- Con Edison offers a variety of energy-efficiency programs for the hot weather season. The Smart AC Program connects customers with smart technology to control their room air conditioners from their computer or mobile device. Learn more by visiting: https://conedsmartac.com
- Replace old appliances with new energy efficient Energy Star appliances.
Replacing an old air conditioner with a new ENERGY STAR unit can reduce energy usage by 30 percent. Con Edison will pay a $30 rebate to customers who buy a new ENERGY STAR air conditioner.
Customers can report outages and check service restoration status on Con Edison’s website, or by calling 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633). When reporting an outage, customers should have their Con Edison account number available, if possible, and report whether their neighbors also have lost power.
Customers who report outages will be called by Con Edison with their estimated restoration times as they become available.
Con Edison offers a number of mobile solutions so you can manage your accounts, report and check the status of an outage, learn energy-saving tips, and more. Text REG to OUTAGE (688243) to sign up for text notifications, and follow the prompts. You will need to enter your Con Edison account number to complete the registration process. Once you've registered, you will not need your account number to report or check the status of a power problem.
Or visit us here to stay on top of outages and power problems by signing up for text notifications.