Save the Dates for our Upcoming Events
Town of Cortlandt
2017 Upcoming Events
“We have just completed a wonderful summer season. Our families enjoyed the Town pool and new water Spray Park, many Town camps and our outdoor FREE concert/movie series at our lovely Cortlandt Waterfront Park by the Hudson River.” Linda Puglisi
We now have planned many events, ceremonies and activities for the next few months of 2017. Special thanks to all of our departments who help plan these excellent events. Check our website/Facebook page for more details.
- Our annual Cortlandt Family Fun Day on Saturday, 9/9th rain date 9/10th ending with fireworks, located off Memorial Drive next to our Youth Center.
- A 9/11Ceremony (4 pm) with the Villages of Croton-on-Hudson and Buchanan at our lovely memorial at Croton Landing.
- Saturday, 9/23rd (9 am – 1 pm) Community Swap at our Community Center, off Westbrook Drive. This is a great opportunity to recycle items you no longer need and perhaps pick up something you do need. No charge. Special thanks to our “Green Team” for this important event.
- We will be having a kickoff of our newly designed Town website in early Fall. We are very excited about the work our staff and consultants have done to make our website easier to use and improved.
- Also, we will kick off our next OTOCAST app to show all of our Veterans memorials throughout the Town. On the Cortlandt app we already feature our historical and recreational sites. Download this OTOCAST app and journey through Cortlandt to locate all of these interesting sites.
- We will be joining our friends of Old St. Peter’s Church for the 250th Anniversary of this very historic church located in northern Cortlandt off Oregon Road and Locust Avenue.
- In early October we will be joining the Mt. Carmel Society and the Cortlandt Rotary for a fall festival and parade in the lovely hamlet of Verplanck. Check our website for more details. This is a brand new event and we look forward to participating with our community.
- The Town’s Annual Charitable Golf Outing will take place on Monday, 10/16th at the Hollow Brook Golf Course followed by a dinner. All proceeds go to our emergency services town-wide. Contact our recreation department to reserve your tee time at (914) 734-1050 or email@example.com.
- For our seniors we are having our Senior Open House at the Town’s Community Center off Westbrook Drive on Sunday, 10/22nd. Contact our Center at (914) 528-1572 for more details. It’s an opportunity to learn about all of the excellent services and activities the Town provides for our seniors.
- On Saturday 10/28th (9 am) we will hold our annual 5K Run at Cortlandt Waterfront Park in the hamlet of Verplanck. It’s a great opportunity to join your fellow Cortlandt runners followed by an awards ceremony. We always say you’re all winners!
- Also, on Saturday 10/28th (12 Noon) the Town’s Hobgoblin parade for Halloween, will take place at the Cortlandt Town Center next to the movie theater. Come dressed in costume and every child will go home with a trophy and a bag of candy.
- Later in the day on Saturday, 10/28th (2:30-3:30 pm) the Town sponsors a Halloween Dog Parade when all of our Town’s dogs can dress up in costumes, have a parade and receive doggie treats and awards which are given out, as well. Our Cortlandt dogs are the best and of course the best trained! It is located at the Town’s Dog Park located off Sprout Brook Road. Contact our Recreation Department for more information. (914) 734-1050.
- Tuesday, October 31st Halloween Party!!! Join us for the Town’s indoor, fun-filled Halloween Party at our Community Center off Westbrook Drive starting at 6 pm. The party has candy, donuts, balloons, a DJ, many games and an opportunity for our trick or treaters to be interviewed by our Town Supervisor and other guests. Lots of fun!!! Please join us!
- In November we will hold our Veteran’s Day Ceremony on Friday 11/10th at 12:30 pm at the Community Center off Westbrook Drive. Please join us as we thank our Veteran’s (men and women) for their service to our great Country.
- In November we will all give thanks on Thanksgiving for our families, friends, community and Country. We are so very fortunate to live in a lovely community with wonderful people.
- In these last months of 2017 our Town and community recreation sports activities continue (football, soccer, lacrosse, etc.). We also attend our many civic group events (horse show, car shows, several cultural events and many more).
- Don’t forget to stop by Lake Meahagh and Cortlandt Waterfront Park on a weekend morning where you can see the Cortlandt Community Rowing Association in their crew boats. For more information visit http://cortlandtrowing.com.
- On Thursday, 11/30th at 6 pm the Town will hold its Holiday Tree Lighting and Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Mongero Park off Cortlandt Blvd (Route 6) to begin our Holiday season. It’s always a lovely event with a local school chorus performance, hot chocolate and of course a visit from Santa Claus!
- Join us on Sunday, 12/10th and 12/17th (2 – 4 pm) to meet Santa at our wonderful Youth and Recreation Center located on Memorial Drive.
- On December 5th our lovely Town Hall celebrates its 25th Anniversary. We moved from various other locations to consolidate most of our offices into our Town Hall. It was formerly an elementary school in the Lakeland School District and the Town purchased the school and its six acres for $1million. We are pleased to say it’s all paid for and is a symbol of the pride we have for our very special Town of Cortlandt.
Thank you and please join us for these events and ceremonies.
Town Supervisor: Linda D. Puglisi
Town Board: Richard H. Becker, Debra A. Costello, Francis X. Farrell, Seth M. Freach