Director of Purchasing, Peter McMillan
For the 2018 Surplus Online Auction, click here.
More recently, the Purchasing Department became responsible for the Cortlandt Heating Oil Plan (CHOP). More information is available by clicking CHOP or contacting David Doyle, email@example.com, at (914) 734-1037. Applications are available by clicking CHOP Application. For a list of participating companies click here.
· Solicit bids through competitive bidding and established prices
· Issue Purchase Orders
· Manage the sale of surplus equipment and supplies
· Streamline methods and procedures on an on-going basis
· Search for new markets and source of supply
· Oversees the coordination of Shipping and receiving for the Town
· Supervise the management of the Central Supplies Office
· Assist departments with establishing computerized inventory programs
· Coordinate appropriate Requests for Proposals and price quotations
· Maintain vendor files
· Maximize to the fullest extent possible the purchasing value of the Procurement
· Oversee all aspects established in the Towns Purchasing Manual
The Purchasing Department is responsible for purchasing all commodities, as well as certain services for the Town. Additional responsibilities include management of the Central Supplies Office/Shipping and Receiving and supervision of the Town mailing system.
Please note that Bids for Public Works Projects may be administered by the Town of Cortlandt Department of Technical Services, Engineering Division, (914) 734-1060.