We are excited to welcome you back to Charles J. Cook Pool for the summer of 2021 and can’t wait for you to see our new facility. Your safety is our number one priority in reopening this facility to you. We appreciate the support we have been given by our elected officials, co-workers, and staff members who have spent months preparing to make Charles J. Cook Pool a safe and fun environment for you to return to. There will definitely be some modifications. These protocols are in place to make sure your health is prioritized. These protocols are fluid and we will be constantly monitoring both CDC and Westchester County guidelines so we can make the best decisions for our community, staff, and facility on our operating procedures. We look forward to seeing you all soon!
While State-mandated facility capacity limits may be lifted, social distancing guidelines do still remain in effect. To adhere to current social distancing guidelines, our capacity will remain limited throughout the facility and our reservation system will remain in effect.
To safely limit the number of individuals at Charles J. Cook Pool, users are required to reserve space in advance through the www.townofcortlandt.com/reconline. Please be careful not to create duplicate accounts for you and your family while reserving your time at Charles J. Cook Pool.
Please remember: Only Town of Cortlandt Residents with VALID Town of Cortlandt Recreation Photo ID Cards and/ or Charles J. Cook Pool Season Passes will be allowed to make reservations for the pool. If you have any questions or concerns about your Town of Cortlandt Recreation Photo ID Card, please call the Town of Cortlandt Recreation Department at 914-734-1050.
Charles J. Cook Pool (Drop In Program via Community Pass) Swim Reservations will be available in two time slots per day; the morning session will be from 10:45 AM to 3:00 PM and the afternoon session will be 3:30 PM to 7:00 PM (8:00 PM on Friday evenings). Reservations can be made 8 days in advance, meaning, all dates for June, July, and August will not be immediately available for reservations.
Charles J. Cook Pool Lap Lane (Drop In Program via Community Pass) reservations can be made in 30 minute increments. Occupancy is limited to one swimmer per lap lane.
Charles J. Cook Pool will open on Saturday, June 5th. Reservations for June 5th begin on Friday, May 28th.
Please note: At this time, Charles J. Cook Pool will not be admitting guests.
The playground and beach side of the pool are closed to the public Monday through Friday, June 28th– Friday August 6th during the morning sessions (10:45 AM- 3:00 PM) due to the Town of Cortlandt Summer Day Camp utilizing the area.
As per Health Department mandates, at this time, the diving boards are closed and only lap swimming is permitted in the deep end. We are also not permitted to turn on any of our spray features.
HOW TO RESERVE A DATE AND TIME FOR CHARLES J. COOK POOL
- Go to www.townofcortlandt.com/reconline to log into the system.
- Log in using your username and password for your account.
- Click the Click Here to Register button.
- Verify your account information. Click Continue.
- Scroll through the catalog or search by keyword “Drop In” for Charles J. Cook Pool (Drop In Program) or Charles J. Cook Pool Lap Lanes (Drop In Program).
- Click Show Sessions next to the Drop In Program you are interested in. Click Add to Cart to see the available dates per session.
- Select the person (s) registering, then click Save.
- Check the boxes of the dates that you would like to attend the pool. When finished with selections, click Save.
- Scroll to the top of the page, and in the upper right hand corner, click Checkout.
- Complete payment information. Residents who possess a Charles J. Cook Pool Season Pass will have no balance due, while residents who only possess a Town of Cortlandt Recreation Photo ID Card will be prompted to pay their daily fee balance.