1 Heady St
Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567
All birth certificates are filed with the Commissioner of Health of New York State. Your birth certificate is also on file in the clerk’s office of the municipality where you were born.
- Birth Certificates can only be obtained by persons born within the Town of Cortlandt provided they are 18 years of age or older; their parents or legal guardian can obtain their certificate.
- They can be obtained in person with identification (Driver's License), or by mail.
If applying in PERSON you will need:
a. Exact change, money order, or personal checks (do not accept out of State checks) for $10 per copy payable to Town of Cortlandt.
b. Photo copy of Identification.
c. Person's name, date or birth, parents names including
mother's maiden name.
If applying by MAIL ou will need:
a. Money order, or personal checks (Do not accept out of State checks) for $10 per copy payable to Town of Cortlandt.
b. A Notarized letter stating the person's name, date or birth, parents names including mother's maiden name.
c. The name and address of where to send the document.
- The mailing address is:
Cortlandt Town Clerk
1 Heady Street
Cortlandt Manor , NY 10567
A certified copy or certified transcript of a birth certificate may be issued only:
1. To the person named on the birth certificate, if 18 years of age or older.
2. To the parents of the person named on the birth certificate.
3. To a lawful representative of the person named or the parents of the person named on the birth certificate.
4. To the Commissioner of Health.
5. To a person with a New York State Court Order.
6. To a municipal, state or federal agency for official purposes.
There is charge of $10.00 per certified birth.