Thomas F. Wood, Esq.
John Klarl, Esq.
Deputy Town Attorney
The Law Department is responsible for the following:
- Supervises and directs the legal matters of the Town
- Provide legal advice to Town Supervisor, Town Board members, all Boards, Councils, Departments, Offices and agencies of the Town concerning any matters affecting the interest of the Town.
- Prepares and supervises the preparation of legislation
- Appears in Court on behalf of the Town
- Drafts and reviews agreements and local laws
- Coordinates with insurance carriers and their attorneys in defense of the Town against tort claims and defends the Town and its agencies against other claims and other suits.
- Attends Town Board Meetings
- Attends Planning Board Meetings
- Attends Zoning Board of Appeals Meetings.
- Answers citizens queries
- Pursues the collection of delinquent real property taxes through In Rem Foreclosure