A Message/Update from Supervisor Linda Puglisi on the Corona Virus
March 9, 2020
New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo has declared a New York State of emergency due to the increased number of corona virus patients of which 82 are from Westchester County primarily in the New Rochelle area.
It is now called a pandemic according to various reports and the Town of Cortlandt is remaining vigilant to do everything possible to address this serious situation:
- Most public town facilities have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized including the town hall. The others will have the same intense cleaning this week and next weekend.
- All employees are required to not come to work if exhibiting any cold, flu, or virus symptoms and to contact their physicians if symptoms continue.
- The Governor in a Sunday press conference also recommended that large gatherings be cancelled for precautionary measures. Therefore, we have cancelled our town Senior Clubs and all of their activities, except for nutrition and meals on wheels services until further notice. Also, our large sports award dinners have been cancelled this week once again for precaution. All of our youth athletes will receive their trophies.
- All reports from the State, County, etc. regarding this serious virus will be posted on our website. Please read these links for important information.
- I am on all conference calls with the County Executive and County Health Department regarding the corona virus and receive important information from them. I also have the capability of asking questions, which I do.
- I will continue to give updates and please abide by the guidelines issued by the County Health Department and the CDC in order to protect you and your families.
Supervisor Linda Puglisi