Town Comptroller, Patricia Robcke
Patricia Robcke was appointed Town Comptroller July 21, 2015, after serving as Deputy Comptroller for 22 years. Patty is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (BBA) and a Master’s Degree in Public Administration (MPA), from Pace University.
The Town Comptroller provides overall management supervision of the financial activities of the Town under the direction of the Supervisor and Town Board. The Comptroller’s Office is responsible for meeting the many challenges of financial reporting, including the preparation of the comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR). The Town of Cortlandt has received a Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting, presented by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) for the Fiscal Year Ended December 31, 2019, and each year prior as far back as the 1980’s. The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition for excellence in state and local government financial reporting. A Certificate of Achievement is valid for a period of one year only. The Town submitted its 2020 CAFR to the GFOA and expects that such report conforms to the requirements of the certificate program. The Town of Cortlandt and the Comptroller’s Office are proud to have achieved the highest standards in governmental accounting and financial reporting.
Responsibilities of this department include:
- Maintains a system of accounts which is in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles
- Assists the Town Supervisor in preparing the Town’s annual operating budget
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, including analysis of operating revenues and expenditures
- Processes vendor claims and purchase orders
- Receives, records, and deposits all Town receipts
- Maintains Town payroll and related payroll taxes
- Manages Workers Compensation Program with Town Attorney
- Administers the NYS Retirement System program along with the Human Resources Manager
- Oversees employee benefits in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Maintains and administers the Town's Central Data Processing Systems with the Director of Purchasing and Technology
Town of Cortlandt Proposed and Adopted Budgets
Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR)
Other Financial Information
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE town comptroller- PLEASE CLICK ON PAGE NAVIGATION ON THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER AND VIEW THE DIFFERENT DROP DOWN MENUS.