*All residents must have a valid Town of Cortlandt Photo ID Card to present at the Charles J. Cook Pool gate entrance.* Village of Buchanan and Croton Residents must also purchase a Town of Cortlandt Photo ID Card to gain access to the pool facility. Village ID cards will not be accepted for admission for the 2021 season.
Click here for more information about Town of Cortlandt Recreation Recreation Photo ID Cards and Charles. J. Cook Pool Season Passes.
Reservations must be made in advance, available time slots can be viewed and reserved online at www.townofcortlandt.com/reconline (Reservations will open approximately one week before the pool opens)
Click here for more information about the Charles J. Cook Pool Reservation System for the Summer of 2021.
Charles J. Cook Pool Update:
Due to certain aspects outside the control of the Contractor and County Health Department approvals, the pool opening date will be moved from Saturday, May 29th to Saturday, June 5th. These two new needed amenities were approved by the Supervisor and Town Board to be constructed to replace a bathhouse and snack bar built thirty years ago. The bathhouse is constructed but was halted for a few months during the early days of the pandemic. In February, a new snack bar was approved to be constructed on our pool complex; unfortunately it will not be ready for Memorial Day weekend. These two facilities are an investment to improve the quality of life for our Cortlandt families. The pool will open!
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
June 5th/6th, June 12th/13th, June19th/ 20th: 10:45 AM– 7:00 PM
(Weekends only until June 20)
POOL OPENS FULL TIME SATURDAY, JUNE 28th
Pool Closes for Season on September 6 (Labor Day)
|RESIDENTS W/ A TOWN OF CORTLANDT RECREATION PHOTO ID CARD||FEE PER DAY/ SESSION|
|Adult w/ Recreation Photo ID Card||$5.00|
Child (ages four & up) w/ Recreation Photo ID Card
Children three and under will require an ID Card, but it will be free of charge for the ID Card and there will be no daily entrance fee
|Senior (60+) w/ Recreation Photo ID Card||$2.50|
Charles J. Cook Pool now accepts credit cards (No American Express) at the front gate for daily admission!
Please remember to bring your Town of Cortlandt Photo ID Card; you will be required to scan in upon entering the CJCP facility.
Town of Cortlandt Photo ID Cards and CJCP Season Passes will also be sold at CJCP from 11:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
Swim Lesson Registrations will be taken at CJCP from June 28th thru July 28th 10:00 AM to 4:30PM.
Charles J. Cook Pool Facility Policies
- An adult must directly supervise children under 12 years of age.
- Balls, Frisbees and any other throw toys are not permitted in the water.
- Only Coast Guard approved life saving devices may be used as personal flotation devices throughout the shallow water.
- Coast Guard approved life vests are also available for loan at the Pool Office (Pool Pass needed for deposit).
- Floaties may be used in designated areas ONLY- Parents must be at elbows length of child and wear lifeguard issued bracelet.
- Kickboards are restricted to designated areas only- check with Head Lifeguard.
- Diapers/Pampers are not allowed in the water. Tight fitting plastic/rubber pants or a swim diaper must be worn.
- There is absolutely no alcholol permited in this facility at any time.
- There are designated smoking areas outside of the facility.
The Town of Cortlandt will be hosting swim meets during the summer season. During these times the lap lanes and the diving area will be off limits to the public. Meets are held on *Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from 4:00 PM- 8:00 PM and Saturdays from 8:00 AM- 1:00 PM
*Note: Meet dates are scheduled by Northern Westchester County Swim Association- Schedule to be announced. For further information please call 914-734-1057.