- Spouse, parent or child of the deceased.
- A lawful representative of the spouse, parent or child of the deceased.
- Funeral Home.
- A person requiring the record for a documented legal right or claim. This is established on the basis of documentation that the requestor has a legal need for the copy of the death certificate.
- A municipal, state or federal agency when needed for official purposes.
They can be obtained in person with identification (Driver's License), or by mail.
If requesting a death certificate by mail, the person must include:
- Money Order or personal checks (do not accept out of State checks)
- $10 per copy payable to Town of Cortlandt
- Notarized Letter stating reason for request and relationship to person.
Please Note: Death Certificate's are not public record.