Is Your Property Assessment Fair?
**GRIEVANCE DAY is Tuesday June 20, 2023**
- Please keep in mind that when you are challenging your assessment, you need to ask yourself, "could I sell my home for the full market value of what it is assessed at?".
- Also, you would be contesting your assessment and not your taxes.
Preparing for a Grievance:
To understand assessments, it is recommended you watch the ~3-minute NYS video entitled, "Is Your Assessment Fair?"
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT FILING A GRIEVANCE:
- If you are filing a Grievance Form/Complaint on Assessment RP-524, you need to file with the Assessment Office, even if you have a hearing with the Board of Assessment Review on Grievance Day.
- The Assessment office requires only one (1) completed/signed Grievance Form. If you would like your own copy to be date stamped/received, please provide an additional copy for your records.
- If you are sending a copy by U.S. mail, it must be received by no later than 8pm on Grievance Day (the 3rd Tuesday in June). If it is postmarked that date but received after the third Tuesday, it will be considered late and will not be considered.